What is BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety?
BS OHSAS 18001 is an internationally recognised occupational health and safety management system standard; a benchmark harmonised from a range of industry standards, criteria and recommendations. It has been developed in response to widespread demand for a recognised standard against which to be assessed and certified. It’s purpose is to help your organisation to control occupational health and safety risks. BS OHSAS 18001 helps to:
- minimise risk to employees, contractors, site visitors
- improve an existing OH&S management system
- ensure a mechanism is in place to evaluate legal compliance, demonstrate diligence and gain assurance in the market place.
Why do you need BS OHSAS 18001?
BS OHSAS 18001 is rapidly becoming a mandatory requirement in certain industry sectors. Insurance companies are frequently reducing insurance premiums on the basis of certification against this standard with businesses often realising significant savings. It highlights you as a responsible employer; a clear sign of objective continuous improvement.
SheQ Health and Safety Consultants have the capability, experience and knowledge to support your business by:
- Undertaking a gap analysis and legal compliance audit of current occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- Establishing an OH&S management system to eliminate or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties
- Ensuring synergy between BS OHSAS conformance and your stated OH&S policy
- Support and audit the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of an OH&S management system
- Provide relevant training to key workers to actively maintain and develop the system
SheQ Improvement Solutions also offers general Health and Safety help and support.
For more information on how we can help you achieve BS OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety certification, get in touch now… call us on 0844 411 3485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org